“Let food be your medicine.”
Nutrition is a basic component of our health and can be a huge factor in disease. Supportive nutrition and our alignment with nature are basic components of our health and certainly factors in disease when they are not present.
Why are people nutrient deficient today when we have access to an abundance of food?
- SAD (Standard American) diet
- Poor digestion
- Processed food/over cooking
- Chemicals/environmental pollutants
- Food grown in depleted soil
Nutrition is really the basis for both preventative and corrective medicine and long standing nutritional deficiencies can be corrected with diet and supplements.
Common conditions related to nutritional deficiencies:
- Catch colds and flu easily
- Weight loss/gain
- Musculoskeletal signs and symptoms
- Depression, anxiety, ADHD
Lisa Gossen BSc., C.H.N.C., R.M.T.
- Graduate of the Natural Nutrition Program at Canadian School of Natural Nutrition (CSNN)
- Bachelor of Science University of Calgary
- Graduate of the Massage Therapy program at WCCMT Vancouver.
- The Canadian Association of Holistic Nutrition Professionals (CAHN-Pro)
- The Massage Therapy Association of Alberta (MTAA) Board Member