“Let food be your medicine.”
Nutrition is a basic component of our health and can be a huge factor in disease. Supportive nutrition and our alignment with nature are basic components of our health and certainly factors in disease when they are not present.
Why are people nutrient deficient today when we have access to an abundance of food?
- SAD (Standard American) diet
- Poor digestion
- Processed food/over cooking
- Chemicals/environmental pollutants
- Food grown in depleted soil
Nutrition is really the basis for both preventative and corrective medicine and long standing nutritional deficiencies can be corrected with diet and supplements.
Common conditions related to nutritional deficiencies:
- Catch colds and flu easily
- Weight loss/gain
- Musculoskeletal signs and symptoms
- Depression, anxiety, ADHD
As a Certified Holistic Nutritional Consultant, Lisa can provide your with strategies that:
- Support optimal health and detoxification through natural nutrition, using natural, alive and good quality foods
- Identify nutritional imbalances and lifestyle habits
- Evaluate the use of dietary supplements
- Work with you to implement a diet plan that adapts and fluctuates with your needs and supports personal and specific health conditions.
- Deliver ongoing support and recommend health care and lifestyle strategies.
1.5 hours $90 + GST
½ follow up $50 + GST
Holistic Nutrition for Musculoskeletal Conditions
May 10, 2019 in Edmonton
Musculoskeletal conditions may be linked to nutritional deficiencies. Have you ever wondered why some of your clients do not respond as quickly as others to manual therapies? Inflammation, pain, trigger points, fascia restrictions, arthritis, chronic fatigue and pain syndromes, muscle cramps, and poor healing of soft tissue injuries can be attributed to nutritional deficiencies. A Standard American Diet (SAD diet), decreasing nutritional value in our food, drug-nutrient depletions, and stress and lifestyle all affect the body’s ability to absorb and use the nutrients available to us.
In this course you will learn:
- Nutritional factors that impair healing.
- Drug nutrient depletions with common anti-inflammatories and pain relievers.
- Specific dietary and supplement protocols to support musculoskeletal pathologies including inflammation, pain, arthritis, myofascial pain syndromes, soft tissue injuries, and muscle cramps.
- To recognize when your client may have deficiencies and give recommendations including appropriate referrals.
- How to prolong your own and your client’s optimal health through Holistic Nutrition.
All Health care practitioners and general public welcome!
Lisa Gossen BSc., C.H.N.C., R.M.T.
- Graduate of the Natural Nutrition Program at Canadian School of Natural Nutrition (CSNN)
- Bachelor of Science University of Calgary
- Graduate of the Massage Therapy program at WCCMT Vancouver.
- The Canadian Association of Holistic Nutrition Professionals (CAHN-Pro)
- The Massage Therapy Association of Alberta (MTAA) Board Member